|A church congregation may wish to support the IMN ministry by providing an affordable facility for Network training classes. Generally speaking, classes require a room in which as many as 50 can comfortably participate plus 3-6 break out rooms for smaller sessions. The ability to serve coffee breaks is needed. Lunch can be done off premise, by caterers or with the help of church members. Ease of access, nearby affordable lodging and abundant parking are distinct assets.
| Fees can be earned by the church for facilities and services. They may be taken in cash and/or tuition credits. Local promotional help is appreciated. Bookings are made 3-6 months in advance.
Church Sites for IMN Programs
- Does the church actively participate in local and regional ecumenical activities?
- Is the property centrally located with respect to the IMN target audience?
- Is there easy and uncomplicated access to a major highway system?
- Is there a nearby airport?
- Are there two and three star hotels within:
- walking distance
- less than 10 minute drive
- less than 20 minute drive
- Same as three except for fast food and moderate-priced restaurants
- Is there room for 25-50 cars in the parking lot mid-week?
- Are there seasonal issues? (Weather, for example.)
- Is there a classroom with writing tables and chairs with a capacity of 50?
- Are there four breakout rooms with a capacity of ten each?
- Is there adequate handicap access?
- Is there a lounge or breakout area?
- Is the space well maintained?
- Are restrooms adjacent to the class area?
- Is there Internet access?
- Do facilities meet American Disabilities Act (ADA) requirements?
- What is the established rent schedule?
- Will the church barter for admission(s) to the event or expect all cash?
- Is the church willing/able to help with/advise the marketing effort (at IMN expense)?
- Will a local church fund-raising group want to participate in:
- Operating a cash break table for drinks and snacks
- Providing a sit down or box lunch for a catering fee?
- Is there a compatible opening on both calendars?